Friday, October 17, 2014

The Magic in the sky


This is not about any place or any specific destination. It's an experience that as a traveler I had to share with everyone. And I am sure many would agree to the same.

I hate taking early morning flights. I mean the ones which have the departure time of 5am / 5.30am. This means waking up at 3am and reach airport by 4am latest. What surprises me is how crowded the airports are even at that time; specially airports of metro cities. And if that happens to be the " Season" then you had it. I am talking about the school holidays or any festival. You must report by 3am for a 5am flight because by the time you complete all the check in formalities and clear security, your flight is announced!

As my luck would have it, in most of the early morning flights I would end up in an aisle seat or middle seat. Very rarely I would get a window seat. Even if I did, I confess, I only slept. Yeah, not even waiting for the take off, I would close my eyes and happily doze off.

Just few days back I and husband had to take a flight at 5.30am. This time we got an window and a  middle seat. We were going home for a family function and I was super excited. My excitement kept me awake and aren't I glad for that. It's the magic the unfold in the sky just before the sun gets ready to rise is awesome. Its an ethereal sight to behold. My husband would always talk about the importance of "magic hours" in his profession. I never fully understood that. But that day when I saw the sky turned magical, I realized what he meant.

 
 

 
 This happens everyday. Hundreds enjoy that moment everyday too. But my "concrete city dweller" of a soul misses it. If you ask me, it was a very humbling experience for me. The whole sky erupts with colours of joy as it gets ready to welcome the sun heralding a new day. A new beginning and new hope. May we all always fly towards the sunshine.

And yeah; this sure makes up for the effort of getting up at insane hours to catch such early morning flights.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment